Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Sunday, January 10, 2016
A Life Resolution
Greetings and Introduction
Disciples Human Curiosity
- When will these things be?
- What will be the signs of your coming?
- What will be the signs of the end?
Matt 24: 3-14
Former lunch discussion with Friends
- Predictions of the end.
- Talk about the antichrist.
- When he appears
- Who is he, pointing to current figures?
- Finally asked my opinion
- Prediction is wrong because no one knows.
- Matt 24: 36
- Antichrist has already come
- 1 John 2: 18-23
- Many antichrist have already come
- Therefore we know it is the last hour.
- He who denies Jesus is the antichrist
- Stop looking for what has already taken place
What is John’s point?
- We are there. We need to be ready.
- 1 John 2: 24-25
- Hold to what you have heard from the beginning.
- Abide in the Son and in the Father.
- 1 John 3:11 – Love one another.
- 1 John 2: 26 – Writing this because people are try to deceive you
What if we knew a date when the 2nd coming was, a date that we could plan for.
- Time to clean up our act
- Time to repent
- Time to confess
- Time to start loving others
- Time to do good deeds
- Time to let our light shine.
John tells us the time is now!!!!!
- 1 John 2:18
New Year Resolution vs A Life Resolution
- Time to get ready is now!
- Time to change is now!
- Time to become Resolved is now!
Matthew 25: 1-13
- Parable is about wise vs foolish
- Parable is about being prepared now
- We never know when the end is coming.
Johns warning about final days was late 1st century
- It has come yet.
- 2 Peter 3: 9 -10
New Testament writers full encouragements on how to live
- Wednesday night we heard some of Paul’s
- 1 Peter 4: 7-10
- End is at hand
- Above all keep loving one another
- John also with encouragement 1John 2: 15-17.
- Do not love the world
- Anything that is in the world
- Desires of the flesh
- Desires of the eyes
- Pride of life
Flirtation with the world
- We do it all the time
- A slippery slope
- Thin ice
- Blue Ridge River Bank
- People build right on River
- Sooner or later the flood comes
Remember Jesus’s encouragement
Matthew 22: 36 - 39